Sunday, October 19, 2008

W

Watched W movie this evening. It's a good movie. But didn't see anything new about W, except that he and his staff has to pray after every meeting.

Being a avid watcher of PBS frontline, I watched/read all about Cheney, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz & Rove. For me it's like watching a movie based on a novel which I read.

But, I've to say that Oliver Stone is back in form. I made a choice not to watch his last two movies Alexander and World Trade Center. I immensely liked his two president biographies, JFK(yeah, I was 22 then) and Nixon. He didn't take any liberties in script this time. Everything is factual and well documented. Stone potrayed issues between HW and W in very effective way. It's pretty much clear for all of us that W always looks up for God and Reagan for direction, rather than his old man. There's a clear angst in him to prove that he is better than his dad.

Colin Powell's role is well written. And movie clearly shows how Powell tried to stop W from going into war and how he failed. Casting is very good, specially Thandie Newton as Condi and Richard Dreyfuss as Cheney. Josh Brolin is amazing as W.

In a way this movie is like a Deja Vu. Back in '04 I was cheering for Fahrenheit 9/11. Movie made good money but failed to change the verdict. That movie addressed my angst against war in a a better way. W is the 4th movie this weekend in Box office collections. I hope, at least this movie will change few voter's minds.

As Oliver Stone said, Bush made an enormous impact on USA and whole world in the last eight years. We all know that it's not a good thing, but we've to live with it. (We can blame it on Karl Rove, Katherine, Harris, Ralph Nader ...). All the visitors of this blog knows me as a Bush basher. But last two years, my hatred and despise of Bush simmered down and increased on these 4 evil people. Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfield and Rove.

Even though we can't blame Bush solely for the Iraq war, History wouldn't treat him right. All I can wish is that 4 evil people will be served justice.

Peace

Here's the Roger Ebert's review
Watch PBS coverage on Bush's war, on Frontline

No comments: